Admin Assistant Production Support
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibility is to provide multi-faceted administrative support to production leads, supervisors, managers and Director of Operations. Secondary responsibility is to provide administrative support to Health & Safety Leadership, QC Manager.
Day to day responsibilities to include:
- Substantial use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and company proprietary programs and software
- Perform accurate daily reports for different departments
- Production Closing in ERP System
- Update and maintenance of company communication kiosk
- Communication link between safety department and production employees
- Daily recording, organization and submission of training documents
- Screen, correct and forward Employee Incident Reports to H&S Leadership
- Ensure all quality, production, and safety documents are stocked and available for employee use, without interruption.
- Deliver, pick-up, and distribute mail, material, reports, paperwork etc between managers.
Weekly responsibilities to include:
- Administer plant-wide distribution of weekly safety training topic
- Order office supplies for production departments.
- Labor summary report; summarizing direct and indirect labor
- Safety reports, including big ideas, MSM compliance.
- Weekly update of Right To Know station and MSDS indexes.
Periodic and additional responsibilities to include:
- Assist in performing Health & Safety initiatives, programs, fairs, booths, training etc.
- Other duties, as assigned by Director of Operations
- First Aid responder and key holder
- Assist in HR Admin; work to maintain staff
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following core competencies:
Technical and Mechanical Skills
- To articulate, understand, support and perform in accordance with all company policies and procedures which affect administrative and health & safety services.
- Be a courteous, professional and positive representative of the company including professional dress and demeanor.
- Advanced typing skills coupled with good oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to produce professional, error-free, correctly formatted reports, presentations and written submissions, in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Excel & Word
Working knowledge of office equipment including but not limited to fax and copy machines, audio/visual technology, VCR, DVD, videoconferencing and all other equipment used by managers, supervisors, guests, clients and other internal customers on-site.
Flexibility- The position has dotted-line responsibility to many different company personnel. It requires a great amount of flexibility as the priority of projects can constantly shift. At the same time, there are firm project deadlines that must constantly be met.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and deliberately, in English. Can competently address administrative issues and projects to all levels of the organization, up to and including the company president. Spanish fluency is not required, but desired. Must be capable of- at a minimum- seeking out translators necessary to communicate with all employee groups.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests and supports the team’s efforts to succeed. Generates ideas and suggestions that improve the team’s performance.
Ethics - Treats people with respect, and can maintain confidentiality in certain situations. Makes decisions with integrity and with the best interests of the company and employee in mind. Understands and upholds organizational values.
Quality - Monitors own work to ensure a high degree of accuracy, while meeting all deadlines and commitments to administrative services, safety and quality. Take personal responsibility to alert supervisory staff of any concerns or issues.
Safety and Security – Supports, communicates and helps implement safety initiatives and programming as needed. Always observes safety and security procedures. Reports and/or immediately corrects potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly at all times. Understands the high level of scrutiny placed on this position to all things Safety-related.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Communicates to supervisor when a disruption to the work-week is occurring or may occur.
Dependability - Follows instructions, positively responds to management direction; Commits to flexibility in work scheduling when necessary to reach departmental and company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with skill and minimal supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Administrative Professional certificate or sufficient course study may be substituted.Substantial previous experience in administrative assistant role may be substituted.
Ability to read and write work related documents and procedures in English and willing to ask for clarification if not fully understood. Ability speak correctly, deliberately, and record data or make notes in a legible and accurate manner, in English. Bilingual speaking skills preferred.
Physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, 90% of the time. Periodic requirement to walk, stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk safely up and down stairs and in the conditions regularly found in a production work environment as well as a customary office environment. The employee must periodically lift and /or move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. Wet and/or congested floor conditions may be common as well. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply click on the bottom below or send us an email at email@example.com Apply